Delivering a Bandon Dunes Experience
Hank Hickox –
Vice President, KemperSports
General Manager, Bandon Dunes Golf Resort
People often ask me if Bandon Dunes has a VIP Program – where certain guests would receive a special amount of attention, amenities and services. My answer: Yes, we do – and every guest is already enrolled in the program. The truth is – we strive to treat every guest like a VIP. Whether you’ve flown halfway across the world on a
private jet – or you’ve saved up money for months to make the voyage to Bandon Dunes – all of our guests will be treated with the same amount of respect and courtesy. Our goal is to provide an experience that will create long-lasting and fond memories for years to come.
And that commitment to delivering memories and exceptional customer service starts with the people that work at Bandon Dunes Golf Resort. From the shuttle drivers, wait staff, course rangers to our caddies, everyone at the Resort is a tremendous person who has a natural, “built-in” friendly bone. Their friendliness is never taught or forced – they are naturally genuine, helpful and friendly people.
When our guests arrive at the Resort, they are immediately transplanted to a place that strives to deliver a golf experience that is “Golf as it’s meant to be.”
Here are a few helpful tips for experiencing Bandon Dunes to its fullest:
- Play all four courses – In order to experience the diversity that the four courses offer, I always encourage everyone to play all four courses at the Resort. For me, the courses are like my children – I love them all equally.
- Take a caddy – Our caddies are the ambassadors of the Resort. Their knowledge of the courses and outgoing personalities will only add to your enjoyment to the golf courses.
- Visit the labyrinth – Located on a hiking trail behind the Chrome Lake lodges, the labyrinth will be a nice change of pace and one of the most peaceful locations on property. The front desk can give you a map on how to get to the labyrinth – it’s worth the 10-minute walk.
- Use the practice facility and play Shorty’s – Playing links golf is a very different type of golf that requires playing low shots that use the contours of the ground and cut the wind – Hone some of your links shots on our vast practice facility and take the time to play Shorty’s – our par-3, nine-hole course at the practice facility. Your game will thank you.
- Eat, drink and be merry – Indulge in the delicious food, sample some of our vast scotch and wine offerings and sit back and relax.
- If you have a request, ask – When I arrived at Bandon Dunes more than 11 years ago, I immediately realized that, within reason, Bandon Dunes doesn’t like to say “no.” We do our very best not to inundate our guests with rules and stipulations. If a guest needs something, we’ll do our best to accommodate their need.